Tuesday 3 April 2012

Budget Brides...

Well, I have decided to embrace being a bride to be and dedicate a blog to my journey of preparation and organisation. In doing so I hope to provide helpful tips and ideas for fellow brides-to-be as well as receive them from others. Let's face it, us ladies bare the majority burden of organising the "big day" (Really, would we have this any other way?) and with the wedding industry being so huge and increasingly more expensive, women working on a budget (i.e. myself) are constantly faced with the shock that what once was our dream wedding, seems depressingly out of reach - yes, it's true, I cannot afford the Vera Wang dress I envisaged, nor the castle. HOWEVER...I am on a mission, and I will have my dream wedding but refuse to be taken to the cleaners by those in the wedding industry that take advantage of vulnerable women desperate to make their big day meet their childhood expectations. This seems like a bit of a challenge as unfortunately I have expensive taste....Diamonds, Peonies, Vintage cars...so I am going to spend the run up to my big day keeping you updated with how I am getting on in my quest for a beautiful budget wedding, posting ideas for every element of the big day. Please note, I aim not to sacrifice my love for beautiful things because I am on a budget....

So...the countdown begins. I have until June 22nd 2013. How long do you have?

Love

Bx

No comments:

Post a Comment