Thursday 12 April 2012

The Pioneer Woman

Soooo I am blogging from my poolside in the beautiful Jalon Valley and I thought the topic should be by holiday reading material which, believe it or not, is relevant to my blog. I have to say, The Pioneer Woman -Girl meets Cowboy by Ree Drummond is a delightful and heart warming love story that captures the essense of pre-commitment jitters and concerns entangled with the passion and romance that comes with being in the relationship that is set to change your life. This book reminded me of myself in that I occasionally find myself battling with the concept of being married and potentially losing my intependence (These natural feelings heightened by my love of fantasy novels of travels, wild romances and other slightly unrealistic storylines) I think that a lot of these novels can be damaging for relationships, particularly for those who are, or were, ambitious and fiercely independent pre-relationship. I am one of those ladies. However, after reading the Pioneer Woman, It becomes screamingly obvious how normal those feelings of fear are, even if you know deep down that your life would be incomplete without your partner. When I reflected on my own love story, it made me realise that yes, I have sacrificed a certain lifestyle, but I am now headed towards building a life with someone I love and couldn't or wouldn't be without! If you find yourself feeling the same as me sometimes, and scared of the thought of losing your identity and freedom, or if you just enjoy a good love story, I suggest you give The Pioneer Woman a go. you won't regret it! From Spain, with Love. Bx

No comments:

Post a Comment