Sunday 15 April 2012

Honeymoons...

  Although the wedding is just over a year away, I have been thinking about the honeymoon for a while now - somewhere hot? beachy? cultured? city break? and I seem to be going round in circles. I had originally wanted to do a twin centre holiday and visit Vegas + another place in America like San Francisco or New York, but after enquiring I realised that it would cost an absolute fortune, and whilst it would have been a memorable honeymoon, I couldn't really warrant spending that amount on 10 days away. So, I've been thinking more about other ideas that won't have us worrying about money the whole time, if carefully sought out. I absolutely love the idea of places like Paris and Sorrento, Italy. I have been to Paris once with friends and felt like I barely scratched the surface of what it had to offer...culture-check, shopping-check, good food-check, romance-check,check,check! Sorrento has been recommended to me by friends and family as an equally beautiful honeymoon destination, so perhaps i'm headed more in the right direction now.

Having just got back from the Jalon Valley in Spain, I can honestly say that for those who haven't visited there already, this could be an amazing honeymoon destination and affordable too. Away from the touristy parts of spain, Jalon Valley is nestled in amongst beautiful mountains just 15 minutes drive from the beautiful coastline of white, sandy beaches. The JV can offer a real rustic spanish experience and, having been to the touristy parts of Spain aswell, I can say that they don't compare to seeing the "real spain". Our villa was beautiful, and becuase we went just out of season, we got it for a quarter of the price. We were surrounded by Vineyards and Olive groves, lemon and orange trees and the sun stayed on our villa the whole day. There are endless things to do in this part of spain, from beautiful walks up the mountains, visiting the beaches, seeing the famous waterfalls, dining out (Argentinian steak from the local spanish restaurants is bound to put a smile on both yours and your partners face), horse riding and the bustling markets which are so much fun. I, personally had never heard of the JV until I'd stumbled upon it on the internet, so it goes to show that with a little bit of investigation you can find somewhere amazing, not in the usual tourist destinations.

Love,

Bx

No comments:

Post a Comment